The Wetlands Institute is currently accepting applications for the year round, part-time position of Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance technician provides support to all aspects of facilities management and maintenance of the building and grounds of The Wetlands Institute.
General responsibilities include:
- Conducts scheduled and routine maintenance inspections of facilities and equipment.
- Performs required preventative maintenance, or arranges for use of outside maintenance contractors.
- Plans, coordinates and performs mechanical functions to repair, maintain or make improvements to facilities and grounds.
- Performs functions not requiring the use of a licensed contractor. Utilizes mechanical skills involving electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry crafts.
- Performs, or arranges for maintenance or repairs of nature trails, roadways, parking lots and outdoor signage, etc.
- Provides facilities support for Institute special events.
- Coordinates lawn maintenance and snow removal activities
- Manages marine operations and salt water pumping station to support onsite aquarium
- Performs other activities involving the following:
- Order and procurement of maintenance and repair materials, supplies and tools
- Maintenance of storage areas (tools, equipment, materials and supplies)
- Provides for effective control of related expenditures
The successful candidate should have basic knowledge of the following:
- Heating and Air Conditioning Equipment
- General Electrical Equipment and Lighting
- Fire Suppression, Alarm and Security Systems
- Marine Equipment and Facilities
- All Other Equipment, Tools, and Storage Facilities
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow through with tasks independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in a marsh ecosystem and around water and sometimes adverse weather and environmental conditions (wind, rain, heat, biting insects).
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) may be required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Bonnie Girard, Director of Finance and Administration, The Wetlands Institute, 1075 Stone Harbor Blvd. Stone Harbor, NJ, 08247 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Electronic submission is strongly preferred.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020 until filled.
The Wetlands Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.