The Manager of Advancement position is primarily responsible for assisting the Executive Director to carry out the implementation of the development plan and activities for the purposes of securing resources for the Wetlands Institute. The Manager of Advancement will be responsible for preforming a variety of development activities, and to assist in ensuring the long-term sustainability and expansion of The Wetlands Institute.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Manager of Advancement will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Executive Director. This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Fundraising – Support, create and manage effective strategies and giving opportunities to increase fundraising and increase individual donor database including special events, donor identification and cultivation. Coordinate identification and relationship building with key donors and groups.
- Individual Donors
- Identifies and researches prospects
- Develops relationships with potential and current donors
- May include scheduling appointments, doing correspondence, event development, and donor cultivation and fulfillment
- Produces direct mail appeal letters, online and email campaigns
- Philanthropy and Corporate Sponsorships
- Explores opportunities for corporate relationships
- Creates and presents sponsorship packages
- Carries out and monitors fulfillment
- Supports the Development Committee: develops agendas, attends meetings, produces meeting notes, assists in follow-through
Special Event Coordination – Assists in creating and managing special events including marketing, budgeting, production, and acknowledgement.
Grant Writing and Administration – Identifies appropriate sources of grant funding and conducts research on foundation and corporate grant opportunities; writes, assembles, and submits proposals; monitors and follows through with reporting requirements on grants received. Provides support for grants administration ensuring revenue goals are met, meeting grant deadlines and reporting requirements.
Community Engagement / Public Relations Support – Supports strategic community outreach to educate stakeholders, raise funds, create strategic partnerships and assist with public relations efforts. Works with Marketing team to develop marketing materials.
Database Management – Supports data entry and queries in Donor Perfect database for donor and sponsorship management. Generates reports as needed for report building, and assessing donor trends and analytics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years experience in nonprofit fund development preferred
- Excellent writing skills, familiarity with grant writing and business writing
- Manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to integrate a complex organization with a highly creative and innovative environment
- Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions
- Experience and/or knowledge with fund raising and/or donor-base software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with, and adhere to, the AFP’s code of ethical principles and standards for fundraising professionals.
Job Type: Full-time. This position is based in Stone Harbor, NJ and will involve occasional evening and weekend work.
- Nonprofit fund development, community outreach: 3 years
- Content Development: 1 year
- Grant Writing: 1 year
The Wetlands Institute Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Please submit resume and contact information for three references to: Bonnie Girard at email@example.com.
Deadline for application May 1, 2018.