50th Anniversary Celebration Weekend
Saturday and Sunday, June 22-23, 2019
9:30 – 4:30pm
Join us for a weekend full of activities for the whole family!
Saturday and Sunday, June 22-23 we’re opening our doors for a celebration in honor of 50 years of excellence in research, conservation and education. We’ll be celebrating all the programs that have made us famous and brought so much joy and discovery. We have planned a little something for everyone!
- Explore the vast wetlands right outside our door with guided walks, back bay boat, kayak and paddleboard tours! *
- Get up close and hands on with touch tanks, live animal demonstrations, and other interactive programs.
- Learn about the founding of the Institute and its historical significance for the region and for environmental research, conservation and education!
- Exercise your inner artist with local art and crafts demonstrations!
- Relax waterside to the tunes of local musicians and delicious local fare from our favorite food trucks!
* Advanced reservations required and additional fees apply for boat, kayak and paddleboard tours.
Originally considered a “casual affiliation of guitar-playing loose cannons,” this band has recently been upgraded to a “rag-tag team of well-intentioned musical misfits.”
Train Wreck has been bringing its own special brand of live musical entertainment to various venues in the South Jersey area, regaling audiences with their solid blues, popular favorites, and country classics. Their soaring vocals, nail-biting lead guitars, rock-solid rhythms and mind-boggling multi-instrumentalism leave audiences fascinated everywhere they play.
Playing Saturday 10am – 12pm
Les has been singing and playing music all her life…she started playing piano around the age of four, but didn’t pick up a guitar til years later. Her style can best be described as a blend of pop, folk and blues. Her voice draws comparisons to artists such as Elle King, Brandi Carlile, Colbie Caillat and Norah Jones. She is very excited about growing as an artist and is enjoying all the positive feedback from her new fans. To her, music has always been the purest form of self-expression and she loves being able to share that experience with her audience.
Playing Saturday 1pm – 3pm
Instrumental trio specializing in coffee house conversation, aural complement and fine eatery pro-digestive ambiance. General good vibe enhancement assured.
Playing Sunday 10am – 12pm
The Hobo Style
In a landscape full of calculations, contrivance and instantaneous responsibility, some things still manage to be created through the mere act of simply willing them to be. One such thing is the hobo-style. Armed with nothing more than three minute ditties full of twisted phrases and jingle-jangly expressions, the hobo-style will invade the collective consciousness of city and country mice alike and together we may just drive all of the snakes out of your town. One broken voice, one broken string and one broken heart at a time. Please consider yourself warned.
Playing Sunday 1pm – 3pm