The Wetlands Institute open following CDC guidelines
The Wetlands Institute is open Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30-4:30. As you prepare for your visit, just a few quick rules and procedures to ensure your visit is safe for your family and ours.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines when visiting all areas of the Institute or participating in our programs, both indoors and outside – Keep 6 feet apart or more.
- We require everyone aged 2 years and older, who is physically able without inhibiting their health, to wear a face covering when visiting all indoor spaces and the decking surrounding the building.
- We strongly recommend face coverings be worn on the Salt Marsh Trail, elevated walkway, and dock, and require face coverings be worn when interacting with any Wetlands Institute Staff. For your safety, our staff will also be wearing face coverings during any interaction and in all public spaces.
- For the safety of others, please do not visit The Wetlands Institute or participate in our programs if you are feeling ill or running a fever.
- The Tower is closed at this time.
- The Tidepool Shop is now open during our regular hours. For your convenience, you can still order online and either pick up your order here or have it shipped to your door. Check out our online shop for shipping and curbside pickup.
- We will also be limiting entry into our Secrets of the Salt Marsh Aquarium and Terrapin Station to avoid crowding in indoor spaces. Upon arrival, you will be given an entry time to these locations from either 10-12, 12-2, or 2-4. We want to make sure everyone can enjoy the exhibits safely and responsibly.
- Due to capacity limitations, and the possibility of overcrowding during inclement weather, The Wetlands Institute may modify program schedules and/or close without advanced notice.
- We prefer the use of credit or debit cards for transactions. If you would prefer a contactless option, you may prepay on the day of your visit by giving us a call at 609-368-1211. We will take your information over the phone, confirm your entry time to our exhibits, and upon your arrival issue you your admission stickers.
Note: The Wetlands Institute is a natural conservation area where outside animals would be a disturbance to local wildlife that inhabits this area. Because of this, pets are not allowed inside Institute buildings or outside on Institute property, including the Salt Marsh Trail, elevated walkway, and dock. Service dogs are welcome as they have been trained to not react to other animals.
We missed everyone! We look forward to seeing you soon for a safe, family friendly visit to The Wetlands Institute.