The Wetlands Institute is currently accepting applications for the part-time and seasonal position of Science Education At Sea (SEAS) Instructor.
- Assists the Outreach Coordinator and other Education staff in teaching standardized programs to groups of students from grades 4-12. The SEAS program is a 3-hour, ship-based program, including trawling, biodiversity assessments, and plankton, fish and invertebrate studies. Boats depart from Wildwood Crest, New Jersey.
- Helps with the supervision of student groups before and after the program.
- Assists with maintenance of teaching supplies, and preparation and cleanup of equipment aboard the boat before and after the program.
- It is expected that this position will work no more than 25 hours per week from approximately mid-April to mid-June and mid-September to mid-October.
Education and Experience:
- Sufficient education and training to demonstrate an ability or aptitude to perform the above and related duties. A college degree in biology and/or educational field or current enrollment in such a college level course of study is preferred.
- Previous public speaking and/or teaching experience to a variety of groups ranging in all sizes and age levels is a plus.
- Must be able to work outdoors on a boat on the Intracoastal Waterway, Delaware Bay, and Atlantic Ocean.
- Must be able to work in all conditions, including sun, rain, and wind.
- Some heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) may be required.
- Final candidate will be subject to a background check.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Brooke Knapick, Director of Educational Program Development via email or USPS. Email is preferred. Application closes March 5, 2023.
The Wetlands Institute
1075 Stone Harbor Boulevard
Stone Harbor, New Jersey 08247
The Wetlands Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, The Wetlands Institute complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. The Wetlands Institute also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with all applicable laws.