Ways to Give
Read our Gift Acceptance Policy.
- You can also make a credit card donation over the phone by calling us at 609-368-1211. (only during business hours)
- Cash donations may be made in person at The Wetlands Institute. (only during business hours)
- Personal or business checks should be made out to The Wetlands Institute and mailed to 1075 Stone Harbor Blvd, Stone Harbor, NJ 08247.
- Charitable IRA Rollover – Donors, age 70 1/2 and older, can make a rollover gift of up to $100,000 from their IRA to The Wetlands Institute. Although you cannot claim a charitable deduction for a Charitable IRA Rollover – this IRA distribution does count towards your minimum required distribution and will not be taxed as income. It is a tax-free transfer from your IRA account directly to The Wetlands Institute.
- Wire Transfers may be directed to our account. Please contact us at 609-368-1211 for details.
- Stock & Mutual Funds may be transferred to The Wetlands Institute, with the donor enjoying advantageous income-tax treatment. Send a letter to your broker indicating the number of shares of each security you wish to give, with instructions for the broker to contact Bonnie Girard at 609.368.1211 or fax 609.368.3871. Please do not instruct your broker to sell on The Wetlands Institute’s behalf, and please do not send the securities to a transfer agent to transfer them into The Wetlands Institute’s name. Please send a copy of your authorized letter to: The Wetlands Institute, c/o: Finance Office, 1075 Stone Harbor Blvd, Stone Harbor, NJ 08247, including the telephone number of your bank or broker. The date of your gift will be the date on which the ownership of the securities leave your control. The amount of your gift for tax purposes will be the mean value of the high and low value of each security on the date of transfer, regardless of when your broker received your instructions. If you hold physical stock certificates, please contact Bonnie Girard for specific instructions at 609.368.1211.
- Leave a Legacy by joining the Herbert Mills Legacy Society.
For more giving options, call our Development Office at 609-368-1211 or email email@example.com.
The Wetlands Institute is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization.