Saturday and Sunday, September 17-18, 2016 9:30am to 4:30pm
Two-Day Ticket Price
Non-Member: $15 Adult, $10 Child
Member: $13 Adult, $8 Child
One-Day Ticket Price
Non-Member: $10 Adult, $8 Child, $30 Family 4-Pack
Member: $10 Adult, $6 Child, $25 Family 4-Pack
Sitting in the heart of the Atlantic Flyway, thousands of birds make their way across the Cape May Peninsula every fall. In a single day one can go from spotting a Peregrine Falcon flying low along the salt marsh to watching flocks of White-winged Scoters migrate along the ocean front. The sheer abundance and diversity of species migrating through the Cape May Peninsula is an amazing sight to see. This combination therefore makes it among the top birding destinations in the world and a top birding destination in North America.
At The Wetlands Institute, fall is an especially good time to experience the changing of seasons and the spectacle of migration of raptors, warblers, waterfowl, and more. In an effort to spread the word about this incredible time of year, The Wetlands Institute will be hosting a Fall Migration Festival. Visitors of all ages will be able to see, explore, learn, and enjoy! We’ll have guided viewing of migratory birds from the Institute and on Seven Mile Island, and much more!
• Live Butterfly Presentations and Tagging
• Guided Nature Walks Focusing on Birds,Butterflies Dragonflies, and Bees
• Guided Back-Bay Boat and Kayak Tours
• Fish, Sea Turtle, Butterfly and Bird Crafts, Migration Themed Games and Activities
• Special Autumn Terrapin Release
• Live Animal Presentations by Community Partners
• Native Plant Garden Tours
• And More!
This event is held in partnership with the Borough of Stone Harbor.