Saturday, April 20, 2019
9:00 – 3:00pm
Member: $8 Adult, $6 child, $25 family pack of 4*Family pack of 4 valid for 2 adults and 2 children
Come enjoy a pancake breakfast and activities for the whole family!
9:00am – Breakfast Seatings Still Available!
10:00am – Breakfast Seatings Still Available!
11:00am – Breakfast Seatings Still Available!
Seatings fill up quickly so please reserve ahead of time for breakfast!
While you are here, earn a few turtle bucks and cash them in for prizes… Go on an egg hunt, create arts and crafts, help a naturalist search for turtle hatchlings along the trail, enjoy special turtle creature feature live animal presentations and stop by the aquarium to say hello to the octopus and watch the animals have breakfast too!
- Aquarium Teaching Tank
- Turtle Basking Station
- Turtle Arts and Crafts including Terrapin Photo Booth
- Guess the Eggs Contest
- Prize Table
A Blue Ribbon Winner! Come and see 13-year-old, 26-lb. Spike, the friendly blue ribbon winner at the 44th Annual New York Turtle and Tortoise Society Show and Turtlesinger Snapping Turtle, and learn about snapping and other turtles!
Spike will be in Terrapin Station from 9:30-12:30. Spike’s appearance is courtesy of Turtlesinger, Inc., a 501(c)3 Federal Public Charity that educates the public about turtles with live turtles and/or original songs.
- 9:30am – 10:00am – 10:30am
Children’s Book Reading by Dorothy Potash, Author of Adelita. To learn more about the author and/or her books, please visit her website.
- 9:30am – 10:00am – 10:30am – 11:00am – 11:30am – 12:00pm-12:30pm Snapping Turtle Presentations and Close Encounters Every Half Hour
- 10:00am – Terrapin-themed Egg Hunt for 9:00am Breakfast Seating **Please bring a basket, bag or bucket to collect your eggs!**
- 10:30am – Turtle Hatchling Nature Walk (Possible Terrapin Release, Weather Permitting)
- 11:00am – Terrapin-themed Egg Hunt for 10:00am Breakfast Seating **Please bring a basket, bag or bucket to collect your eggs!**
- 11:30am – Aquarium Feeding
- 12:00pm – Terrapin-themed Egg Hunt for 11:00am Breakfast Seating **Please bring a basket, bag or bucket to collect your eggs!**
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm – 1:30pm
Children’s Book Reading by Donna Zappala. Author of What Kind of Turtle Am I? and Izzy’s Crossing.
- 1:30pm – Turtle Hatchling Nature Walk (Possible Terrapin Release, Weather Permitting)
- 2:30pm – Live Animal Turtle Creature Feature
- 3:00pm – Guess the Eggs Contest Winner Announced – Winner Receives a Family Membership or $50 Terrapin Adoption!